About the Council Member
David was elected to Greenville City Council in 2005 and is married to Kathy Davis Sudduth. They have 3 children: Emily, Haley, and John.
David Sudduth is a graduate of Clemson University with a Bachelor's degree in Financial Management (1990-Magna Cum Laude), and a Masters in Business Administration (1998).
David is currently employed with Greenville Health System as Executive Director of Community and Governmental Affairs. He was previously employed by Bon Secours St. Francis Health System. He has earned the designation of Fellow with the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA).
From 1982-1986, he served in the United States Navy earning numerous awards for professional achievement. David is a lifelong resident of Greenville County and a graduate of Leadership Greenville and Leadership South Carolina.
David previously served as a:
- Member of Greenville County Library Board from 1997-2005 and served 3 consecutive terms as Chairman.
- President of Leadership Greenville Alumni Board
- President of the North Greenville Rotary Club
- City Representative for the Greenville Water Commission.
- Member of the Board of Trustees for the University Center of Greenville
- Member of the Board of Visitors for Clemson University
- Member of the Diaconate of Augusta Road Baptist Church
- Member of the Legislative Agenda Task Force of the South Carolina Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Legislative Committee of the SC Hospital Association
- Member of the Upstate SC Alliance